Warehouse Operations Manager
The Warehouse Operations Manager oversees the operations of the Denver warehouse. They manage the daily activities of shipping functions and ensure shipments are delivered in a timely manner. They maintain relationships with carrier vendors and consistently resolve customer issues. They implement procedures to improve quality, productivity and efficiency. They ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. They have extensive knowledge of department processes. As a supervisor, the Warehouse Operations Manager schedules and oversees other warehouse workers.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Warehouse Operations Manager’s primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Achieves financial objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Organizes and plans workload to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Coordinates cycle counts and year end inventory.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures Inventory Control & Purchasing are meeting the warehouse needs.
- Process daily shipments/schedule truck shipments
- Coordinates with carriers for the shipping of goods, including understanding the carrier’s capabilities and negotiating the best rate.
- Reconcile UPS bill
- Keep packaging metrics updated
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing any new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Ensures warehouse housekeeping is to a high standard and that the warehouse is clean, tidy, and well organized to aid operations.
- Drives Process Improvement, Visual Factory & 5S
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Skills: Supervision, Project Management, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Judgment
- Proficiency with computers and AS400 software, strong typing skills.
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional manner and strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Salary exempt position (40+ hours).
- Work hours are 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Vacation is two weeks per calendar year after the first year. We prorate partial years.
- Rockmount calculates Paid Time Off/Sick Leave earned at 1 hour per 40 hours worked.
- After a 30-day probationary period, you will be eligible for medical Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon.
- After a 30-day probationary period, you are also eligible for $10,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance at no cost to you.
- The pay periods are the 15th and end of month.
- After fulfilling specific employment criteria, you will become eligible for the company SAR/SEP plan. This includes a company contribution.
Rockmount provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.